1:1500 scale miniature paper model, about 1.5 inches tall
This ornate office block designed by Daniel Burnham & John Root was completed in 1885. The marble lobby of the interior light court was later remodelled by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1905. The name of the building is a reference to a former water tower on this site which was used as a temporary city hall after the destruction of the Great Chicago Fire.
Copyright 2022 Matt Bergstrom